Worry Less

Worry Less

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Collecting memories

A few days ago, I decided to reorganize my documents, which included my exams papers, essays, old school books, New Year's cards, short stories, better said all kinds of papers.

Through all process, I redescovered lost pieces of me. As the pages turned in those old school books covered in dust, I saw my used-to-be self. In some certain moments, I felt sorry for letting go of a person who seemed to be stronger than the one I am now. But some minutes after I would have liked to punch my old self in the face.

When each day passes we feel like nothing changes, but when we turn our head behind everything is different. 

That is the moment when you fall in dispair. The moment when you see the more sociable you, the happier you, the better you and hope to catch some old sparkle from the good things left behind. Then you remember that even back then you had experienced sad things. That's life!

What I love the most about reorganizing after long times, is that the probability of finding letters writen to you by friends is way too high. Sometimes you don't even remember all those hand-writen little pieces of paper. That is a moment of happiness and nostalgia.

I love it! Makes me feel supported and loved. Makes me remember that somewhere, someone, sometime, used to like me and used to be by my side.

Fabio Volo in one of his books says that when you grow old you will live with your memories. You will eat with them, sleep with them, walk with them. So the best thing to do is collect as much good memories as you can, because those will have the most value when the end comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment